SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
If you’ve ever heard about organizations that are changing from a traditional telephone system to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology and wondered if it’s something you should consider for your own agency, the following information could help in the decision making process. If one or more of these applies to your agency, I would encourage you to learn more about VoIP technology as a unified communications solution.
- If you have separate networks for phone and data, you should consider VoIP. With VoIP from DIS, phone systems and data are both on the highly secure, highly available state network.
- If you frequently move, add or change employee work stations, you should consider VoIP. The costs associated with moving, changing or adding traditional phone units can add up quickly. With VoIP, you simply move the existing phone to its new location equipped with a broadband network jack and plug it in.
- If you need your phone system available anywhere, anytime, you should consider VoIP. As long as you have access to a broadband connection, your business contacts can call you at your regular business number. The telephony software with many VoIP systems allows you to send and receive calls through headphones or the microphone on your computer.
- If you like to receive voice mail in your email inbox, you should consider VoIP. All of your messages can be housed in one place. This also allows you to save or forward voice mail.
- If employee travel is a sizable expenditure, you should consider VoIP. You could see substantial savings in travel costs with the online conferencing and video calls associated with VoIP.
DIS VoIP products and services can help your agency combine telephone, data and video into a single managed service. Our knowledgeable product professionals can explain how combining your communications with VoIP can be a cost-effective business solution to streamline your operations. If you still have questions about whether VoIP is right for you, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit our website at http://www.dis.arkansas.gov/productsServices/voice/Pages/VoiceoverIP.aspx to learn more about the many VoIP options available to you from DIS.